Position Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Starting Date: ASAP
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Over the Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States, Canada, along with other parts of the World. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel Over The Edge of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience to our clients.
Position Job Description / Overview:
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable Associate to provide financial and administrative services.
Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
Core Functions & Job Duties:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Manage client’s escalations with regards to invoicing
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Performing all other accounting tasks, as needed
Core Competencies & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-reliant and independent
- Calm, focused demeanor in fast paced work environment
- Organized and professional
- Exceptional time management capabilities
- Willingness to learn and think outside the box
- Flexible to work schedule which includes occasional weekends and evenings
- Long term commitment to the company and the position
- Independent, confident and resourceful
- Personal values align with Corporate Values of Loyalty, Respect, Communication, Safety and Transparency
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven working experience as accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable or accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365(Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Salesforce)
- Working knowledge of Accounting software such as Sage 50/300, an asset
- Proficient with office machines (printer, fax, shredder)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Occasional travel may be required
- Must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information
- Health and pension benefits, flexible hours, flex days, causal yet professional/work environment.
How To Apply: Applications may be submitted by e-mail no later than March 31, 2019 to:
Attention: HR Department – E Mail: email@example.com