Over The Edge Inc.
Position Type: Admin, Events
Starting Date: TBD
Location: Halifax, NS
Over The Edge (OTE) is looking to hire a dynamic Operations Administrator (OA) to join our Halifax Team and to support our Operations Team (Client Experience, Operations, Finance). The OA must demonstrate our corporate values, be highly organized, independent, and have exceptional attention to detail. OTE provides “best in class” compensation, both fixed and variable, while providing meaningful work – we help raise millions for non-profits. If you are looking for the right opportunity to join a fast paced, energetic team of professionals, check us out!
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States and Canada, along with other parts of the world. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel ‘over the edge’ of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience for our clients.
- Safety is our top priority.
- We are passionate about our people and our service.
- We trust each other because we do what we say we are going to do.
- We respect our tried, tested, and true best practices.
- We communicate honestly and openly, especially when the conversation is difficult.
What You’ll Love About Over The Edge:
- Meaningful work – you are helping to raise millions for non-profits!
- Casual, yet professional, work environment
- A team you can trust and that cares about your success
- A Best in Class Compensation Plan
- Competitive fixed compensation package comprised of salary and incentives
- Robust variable compensation package, some of which includes personal & professional development, flexible working hours and unlimited vacation
What You Will Do:
As the Operations Administrator, you will be part of the Operations team dedicated to supporting our regional teams (East, Central or West). You will have the ability to provide thousands of life changing experiences for participants that represent over 300 non-profits whose missions range from building homes, inspiring athletic excellence, curing cancer, to granting wishes and so much more. Your efforts will have the capacity to generate in excess of $40 million in annual revenue for the non-profits you so passionately serve. Your energy and focus will be on supporting the Regional teams while working closely with the Account Managers and Event Specialists. Your primary task is to provide administrative support, outreach to clients (phone & email), and to keep everything organized and moving smoothly.
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Attention to detail is the most essential skill for this role!
- A passion for administrative work
- Supportive and adaptable personal disposition
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What Will Help You to Get the Job Done:
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Events/Event planning experience
- Non-profit industry experience and expertise
- Basic accounting knowledge is considered an asset (Quickbooks/Zero)
- Experience working in a virtual environment with a diverse team
- Proven ability in supporting a high-performance team
- Experience using Salesforce, SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite
Does This Sound Like You?
- You are organized and have a sharp eye for the details
- You want to make a difference and do meaningful work to help others
- You are independent, confident, and resourceful.
- You are highly supportive and authentic, and able to keep a positive attitude.
- You have an adventurous spirit
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
** Please submit a 3-5 minute video along with your application (details below) to Jamie Haughn – firstname.lastname@example.org
- No more than 5 minutes in length
- Answer the following questions:
- What are the 3 things that are the most important to you in a job and why?
- How have you changed over the last five years?
- What are you passionate about?
- What can your hobbies tell me about you that your resume can’t?
- Why do you want to work for Over The Edge?
- You will not be judged on production value (but have some fun with it!)
- You can submit your video as an attachment via email OR as a Dropbox/Google Drive link on your Resume/Cover Letter
Short listed candidates will receive a comprehensive job description outlining specific tasks and compensation plans.