Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Starting Date: March/April 2020
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Learn more about this opportunity:What You’ll Love About Over The Edge:
- Meaningful work—you’re helping to make an impact for non-profits all over the world!
- A team you can trust that cares about your success
- A Best in Class Variable Compensation Plan
- Personal & Professional Development
- Health benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Casual yet professional work environment
- Unlimited Vacation
- Pet Friendly Office
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States, Canada, along with other parts of the world. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel ‘over the edge’ of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience to our clients.
- Safety is our top priority.
- We are passionate about our people and our service.
- We trust each other, because we do what we say we’re going to do.
- We respect our tried, tested, and true best practices.
- We communicate honestly and openly, especially when the conversation is difficult.
What You’ll Do:
The Business Development Associate is responsible for supporting the company’s sales goals. An instrumental part of a sales team, producing solid results towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with company vision and values. Works with the Strategic Partnerships team to build and coordinate in-depth sales, marketing and development strategies with the objectives of aggressively and responsibly expanding the Over The Edge client base, selling to well-suited potential partners.
- Works with the Strategic Partnerships team to ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Responsible for own performance, growth and meeting established targets
- Continuously improves knowledge of our event and sales strategies
- Researches and identifies potential sales leads
- Conducts a high volume of sales calls to prospective leads on a daily basis
- Provides timely, accurate information to potential leads while keeping their interests in mind
- Maintains accurate records of leads, applications, sales, and commissions
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Coordinates the implementation of marketing plans to key demographics, adhering to branding standards
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Ability to autonomously make decisions and be accountable
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to find creative solutions to client issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrates a high rate of resilience and drive in the face of challenging and/or frustrating situations
- Basic marketing and sales knowledge
- Skills in social media marketing
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to changing job requirements
- Ability to work effectively and deliver results under deadlines
- Valid passport
What Will Help You to Get the Job Done:
- Telephone and virtual sales experience
- Call center experience would be an asset
- Managing prospect databases
- Work in a virtual environment with an international team
- Proven ability to meet sales targets
- Salesforce experience
- Marketing automation platform
- Graphic design for marketing materials
- Skilled in Adobe
Does This Sound Like You?
- You’re versatile and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- You’re independent, confident, and resourceful
- You’re highly motivated and passionate and able to keep a positive attitude and a passion for growth
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re organized and professional with exceptional time management capabilities
- You have a willingness to learn about new processes and systems
- You’re excited to hunt for new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline and are comfortable with strategically researching and developing accounts for prospecting
* Please note that occasional travel may be required. *
** Please submit a 2 minute video along with your application (details below) to Jamie Haughn – email@example.com
- No more than 2 minutes in length
- Answer the following questions:
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work for Over The Edge?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell us one thing that isn’t on your resume
- You will not be judged on production value
- You can submit your video as an attachment via email OR as a Dropbox/Google Drive link on your Resume/Cover Letter
How To Apply: Applications may be submitted by e-mail no later than March 6, 2020. to: Jamie Haughn – firstname.lastname@example.org