Position Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Starting Date: ASAP
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada/ USA (remote)
Reports to: President
Start Your Journey with us…
Over the Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States, Canada, along with other parts of the World. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel Over the Edge of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience to our clients.
Position Job Description / Overview:
The Director of Client Experience is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of all event-related information internally and externally with OTE clients and staff. In addition, the Director of Client Experience supports the Business Development process, creates and delivers client information exchanges and trainings. The Director of Client Experience fully participates as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and in that capacity participates in weekly meetings, annual retreats and other opportunities such as the annual Client Experience Team-Tech retreat.
Breakdown of Job Responsibilities:
Event and Building Management (50% of role):
- Oversee the event management process to ensure successful implementation and execution of OTE Best Practices
- Manage Client experience team to ensure compliance with all OTE policies & procedures and successful implementation of duties related to client support and counselling
- Manage Event Schedule to ensure it reflects most accurate and up-to-date information related to event status
- Development, management and attainment of both Corporate and Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Welcome all new clients to OTE and introduce to event management process including building process
- Manage contracts, MOUs and related communication for all new and returning clients
- Review event processes and procedures to keep current with trends and needs of the organization
- Provide ongoing training, support and leadership for Client experience team through regularly scheduled Client experience weekly meetings
- Maintain current lifeline counselling tools for struggling clients and analyze results annually
- Create and oversee execution of annual client training (i.e., OTE University) to share Best Practices and to facilitate fundraising idea exchange
- Provide statistical reports in a timely manner to advise management on status of key event-related issues (i.e., contracts, new events, etc.)
- Attend and audit select events during event season
- Develop content and deliver at annual Client experience staff retreat
- Collaborate with technical team related to building/event issues
- Collaborate with business development manager related to market availability and potential
- Manage creation and delivery of newsletters for clients, ropes volunteers and CEO quarterly report
- Manage data collection and post-event season survey production for all clients that return event survey
- Manage ongoing projects including file clean up, Best Practices updates, website updates, client manual, etc.
- Oversee Building process, maintain communications with team working with buildings and securing MOU’s for our current and past events
- Attend building calls with potential and past building partners and corporations partnering on events.
Business Development Collaboration (5% of role):
- Collaborate with Business Development team to develop strategic sales plan for long and short-term goals.
- Leverage existing relationships to expand relationships and pass off to BD Team to close sales.
- Manage and track all survey and MOU execution.
- Develop and nurture building partnerships to ensure expansion and longevity within OTE and to lower the push rate among clients.
Human Resources (15% of role):
- Responsible for staff training conducted annually, quarterly, monthly, etc.
- Annual review of employees; throughout the year, one-on-one counselling sessions with employees that need redirection or better definition of responsibilities/tasks.
- Onboarding new staff; creating and updating training modules; participation in any /all staff training
- Reviewing staffs expense, commission and incentive reports. Will approval or not approve expenses before going to the Accounting & Compliance Manager.
- See that the pillar has adequate, effective operational policies. Plan and administer polices in a manner consistent with all other OTE policies. Apply these policies and objectives to the work of the pillar/department.
Leadership (30% of role):
- Serves as a member of OTE’s Senior Leadership team.
- Responsible for the successful administration and management of the Client Service pillar and staff including: client programs, pillar standards, outstanding client services work, timely and appropriate program and project input, client presentations (OTEU), organizational planning, program and project management, pillar budge, quality control, staff vacation/ time off report and expense report review, and pillar evaluations.
- Updating of and changes to the Client Services plan as well as OTE Strategic Plan; yearly and benchmark planning, AM Incentives & training, personal development plan, etc.
- Responsible for reports of team’s activities related to yearly KPI’s and weekly duties.
- Responsible for monthly representation of the Client Experience team at Senior meetings and updates on the teams struggles and successes.
- All basic day to day staff management duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required/ relevant full time studies in the same field
- 10 years of experience in client services and account management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in nonprofit environment
- Experience leading high-performance teams
- Leadership experience in high-growth entrepreneurial business.
- Proactive approach with strong initiative; client service focused.
- Ability to excel in dynamic, fast paced environment under tight deadlines; must be flexible to manage multiple clients and adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Comfortable directing team resources in virtual environment.
- Project management mindset and a track record of driving short term and long-term projects to completion.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to present in front of small groups including senior and executive management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational departments.
- Ability to understand client needs at a strategic level.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership, team-player, pro-active, professional, friendly, hands-on.
- Effective computer skills including proficiency with MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Occasional travel may be required
- Must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information
- Health and pension benefits, flexible hours, flex days, causal yet professional/work environment.
How To Apply: Applications may be submitted by e-mail no later than January 5, 2019 to:
Attention: HR Department – E Mail: email@example.com