Over The Edge Inc.
Position Type: Full Time Term and Part Time Term Positions Available
Starting Date: January 2021 to December 2021
Important Notes on Positions Available:
- 2 positions available
- 1 position Full Time Term January-December 2021 (40hrs/week)
- 1 position Part Time January-April moving to Full Time April-October (October-December TBD)
Over The Edge (OTE) is looking to hire a dynamic Event Specialist to support our Operations – Client Experience division. The Event Specialist must demonstrate our corporate values, be highly organized, independent, and have demonstrated event planning experience with excellent communication skills. OTE provides “best in class” compensation, both fixed and variable, while providing meaningful work – we help raise millions for non-profits. If you are looking for the right opportunity to join a fast paced, energetic team of professionals, check us out!
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States and Canada, along with other parts of the world. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel ‘over the edge’ of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience for our clients.
- Safety is our top priority.
- We are passionate about our people and our service.
- We trust each other, because we do what we say we’re going to do.
- We respect our tried, tested, and true best practices.
- We communicate honestly and openly, especially when the conversation is difficult.
What You’ll Love About Over The Edge:
- Meaningful work – you are helping to raise millions for non-profits!
- Casual, yet professional, work environment
- A team you can trust and that cares about your success
- A Best in Class Variable Compensation Plan
- Competitive fixed compensation package comprised of salary and incentives
- Robust variable compensation package, some of which includes personal & professional development, flexible working hours and unlimited vacation!
What You Will Do:
As an Event Specialist, you will be part of the Operations team dedicated to supporting our Non Profit Clients. You will have the ability to provide thousands of life changing experiences for participants that
represent over 300 non-profits whose missions range from building homes, inspiring athletic excellence, curing cancer, to granting wishes and so much more. Your efforts will have the capacity to generate in excess of $40 million in annual revenue for the non-profits you so passionately serve. Your energy and focus will be on supporting our clients through their event journey while working closely with internal stakeholders. Your primary task is to provide exceptional event coaching and support while exceeding the KPIs outlined for the role and department.
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Proven track record of collaborating with clients to define needs and provide solutions
- Experience in event planning, particularly fundraising events
- Supportive, adaptable personal disposition
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What Will Help You to Get the Job Done:
- Non-profit industry experience and expertise
- Experience working in a virtual environment with a diverse team
- Proven ability in supporting a high-performance team
- Results orientated and KPI focused
- Experience using Salesforce, SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite applications is an asset
Does This Sound Like You?
- You are organized and professional with exceptional time management capabilities.
- You want to make a difference and do meaningful work to help others
- You are independent, confident, and resourceful.
- You are highly supportive and authentic, and able to keep a positive attitude.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Please note that travel is required
How to Apply: Please submit a 3-5 minute video along with your resume by e-mail no later than December 9th to Jamie Haughn at email@example.com
See video submission details below.
** Please submit a 3-5 minute video along with your application (details below) to Jamie Haughn – firstname.lastname@example.org
- No more than 5 minutes in length
- Answer the following questions:
- What are the 3 things that are the most important to you in a job and why?
- How have you changed over the last five years?
- What are you passionate about?
- What can your hobbies tell me about you that your resume can’t?
- Why do you want to work for Over The Edge?
- You will not be judged on production value (but have some fun with it!)
- You can submit your video as an attachment via email OR as a Dropbox/Google Drive link on your Resume/Cover Letter