Over The Edge Inc.
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Starting Date: March/April 2020
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
What You’ll Love About Over The Edge:
• Meaningful work—you’re helping to make an impact for non-profits all over the world!
• A team you can trust that cares about your success
• A Best in Class Variable Compensation Plan, including:
o Personal & professional development
o Health benefits
o Flexible working hours
o Casual yet professional work environment
o Unlimited vacation
o Pet friendly office
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States, Canada, along with other parts of the world. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel ‘over the edge’ of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience to our clients.
• Safety is our top priority.
• We are passionate about our people and our service.
• We trust each other, because we do what we say we’re going to do.
• We respect our tried, tested, and true best practices.
• We communicate honestly and openly, especially when the conversation is difficult.
What You’ll Do:
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support for the Senior Leadership Team and CEO. They are responsible for a wide variety of tasks ranging from basic administration and office management to travel planning and occasional client outreach. This role requires a high degree of professionalism, self-reliance, confidentiality, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize an evolving set of deliverables to a variety of stakeholders.
Senior Leadership and Business Development
• Active engagement and support for the initiatives of the Senior Leadership Team
• Planning and scheduling meetings, appointments and management of meeting minutes
• Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations
• Assisting with the planning and execution of off-site retreats for the Senior Leadership Team, and other special events
• Creating meeting agendas, collecting weekly and monthly reports, and attending meetings to capture minutes
• Accountable for ensuring that all departments keep their team playbooks up to date
• Supporting CEO Calendar
• Organizing and maintaining files and records in Sharepoint and Salesforce
• Receiving packages, welcoming guests, being first point of contact for visitors
• IT liaison support with managed services provider
• Placing orders for company swag and managing suppliers
• Handling office accounts for couriers, posts, and other services
• Responsible for maintaining office premises and ensuring supplies are effectively stocked
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
• Diploma/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Advanced experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Demonstrable expertise in managing multiple calendars is critical in this role.
• Strong operational experience in Salesforce and cloud-based file storage systems such as Sharepoint
• Experience in an HR-supportive role considered an asset
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills; both verbally and in writing
• Ability to adapt to changing job requirements
• Ability to work effectively and deliver results under deadlines
• Valid passport and drivers’ license
What Will Help You Succeed In This Role:
• Flexibility in your work schedule, which includes occasional weekend and evening commitments
• Comfortable using a variety of technology systems
• A desire to constantly improve your skills
Does This Sound Like You?
• You have strong interpersonal skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• You are self-reliant and independent
• You’re versatile and can adapt to changing priorities
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You’re organized and professional, with exceptional time management capabilities
• You have a willingness to learn and think outside the box
• You’re independent, confident, and resourceful
* Please note that occasional travel may be required. *
** BONUS POINTS: Please submit a 2 minute video along with your application (details below) to Jamie Haughn – email@example.com
• No more than 2 minutes in length
• Answer the following questions:
o Why should we hire you?
o Why do you want to work for Over The Edge?
o Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
o Tell us one thing that isn’t on your resume
• You will not be judged on production value
• You can submit your video as an attachment via email OR as a Dropbox/Google Drive link on your Resume/Cover Letter
How To Apply: Applications may be submitted by e-mail no later than March 26, 2020. to: Jamie Haughn – firstname.lastname@example.org