Local Event Coordinator (LEC), Contractor
Over The Edge Inc. (OTE)
Team: Client Experience
Reports To: Client Experience Manager
Salary Range: $1,600 per executed event contract.
Travel is responsibility of consultant.
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States, Canada, with emerging markets in Central and South America, along with other parts of the World. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel Over The Edge of a local high-rise building.
Over The Edge’s Community Wide Celebration event is designed specifically for smaller markets with an emphasis on a connection to the local community. Over The Edge partners with Non-Profit Organizations (NPOs) that directly serve the community where the event is held. Over The Edge relies on local expertise to make each event a success, and is seeking to hire Local Event Coordinators (LECs) to A) plan the on-site event details (working with the client and our team), and B) lead the event in person, on-site.
Terms of Contract:
The term of this Contract shall begin in the 2019 event year and run through December 2019. Contractor agrees to work events based on the guidelines listed below. Contractor and OTE will determine specific events to be worked in event year. OTE and contractor will confirm 90 days prior to each event agreed upon if contractor is working event.
Home office and on-site event management.
Training and Professional Development:
OTE will provide training on relevant software programs as necessary for this role. The Client Experience Team will host weekly meetings, which are recommended for all team members, including contractors. The date and time of the meeting will be determined once staff is hired. (When event season is busy this would be recommended attendance.)
Contractor and/or sub-contractor must provide a designated office space acceptable to OTE. It is incumbent upon the contractor and/or sub-contractor to fully furnish and stock this office at his/her expense. Contractor and/or sub-contractor must also provide all related office supplies to perform the job.
Over The Edge shall reimburse the you for all pre-approved expenses incurred in the performance of the Contract’s job duties. All expenses will be paid on the last day of the month if submitted on time.
- Per diems will be paid during event work if meals are not provided. Event per diems include: Breakfast – $10.00. Lunch – $15.00. Supper – $32.50.
- Parking will be paid for the lowest available rate and can only be expensed when coverage is not provided by Over The Edge or our client.
- A vehicle subsidy of $0.35/mile may be provided for events worked outside your local area, with pre-approval only, and confirmed during event assignment.
- Over The Edge shall reimburse you for all pre-approved expenses incurred in the performance of the your job duties.
- No expenses shall be paid that are submitted more than 60 days from the date incurred. All monies, wages, and expenses owing shall be paid in the fiscal year in which they were incurred. No exceptions to this clause without written approval by your manager.
Job Description / Overview:
Provide exceptional on-site event management to our clients throughout the event process. To act as OTE’s primary on-site point person, be an information source for all clients by providing support, best practices, experiences and information to the client, OTE techs and building reps, while also ensuring deadlines are met and information is received and/or distributed as required.
Cancellation and Termination:
If an event that an LEC is assigned to is cancelled for any reason between 30 days prior to the event and rigging day, the LEC shall be paid 40% of the per event contract rate ($640), as compensation for their work done prior to the cancellation of the event. If an LEC fails to meet the job responsibilities outlined in this contract, they may be removed from their event assignment at Over The Edge’s discretion at any time.
Breakdown of Job Responsibilities:
Admin: Total: 24 hrs Estimated
- Client Intro 30 days out – establishing contact between you and the Over the Edge Client (1hr)
- Finalize Event Schedule (5 hrs)
- Coordinate with Edgers (participants) event-day logistics (2hrs)
- Finalize Volunteer Schedule (3hrs)
- Coordinate with Volunteers (2hrs)
- Rope Volunteer Recruitment Assistance (2hrs)
- Finalize Day-of Event Activities (3hrs)
- Coordinate with Venders (3hrs)
On-Site Event Management: Total: 21 hrs Estimated
Pre-Rigging Day: 2 hrs
- Event Supplies (Organized and ready to go)
- Pick Up Permits (Any special events permits here)
Rigging Day: 8 hrs
- On-Site Safety Meeting
- Client Meeting (meeting with NPO)
- Event Set Up (Registration; Signs; T-Shirts, etc.)
- Finalize Edger Schedule
- Finalize Walkthrough
Event Day: 10 hrs
- Host/Run Event; Main Event Contact
- Manage Registration
- Manage Volunteers
- Ship Out materials
- Other duties that are needed to complete event and ensure every Over The Edge client is happy with our team and our performance of the event.
- Arrange for shipping pickup/dropoff of any materials than need to move on after the event
- If the event is using Fotaflo, confirm that all participants received their photos
- Send thank you email to building, client, and volunteers
NOTE: All hourly breakdowns are estimates only, and variances will not affect the wage paid per contract.
Core Competencies & Skills:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, clients and projects
- Strong communication skills with focus on customer support
- Proven leadership and teamwork
- Persistent and self-motivated
- Ability to autonomously make decisions and be accountable.
- Ability to effectively manage own schedule and adapt to changing expectations using Outlook tools
- Ability to find creative solutions to client issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate integrity in the daily work place
Qualifications & Experience:
- University or College Degree or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of related field work
- Proven Microsoft suite experience
- Salesforce and Office 365 software experience an asset
- Social media experience
- Some travel may be required; contractor is responsible for all travel. If any OTE related expenses arise that are needed to perform the event contractor to be reimbursed by OTE.