Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator
Over the Edge Inc.
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Starting Date: January 2020
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Over The Edge is a special events company that provides signature events for non-profit organizations throughout the United States, Canada, along with other parts of the world. Participants raise donations for a non-profit in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel ‘over the edge’ of a local high-rise building.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking team of professionals dedicated to providing top-notch service and an overall positive experience to our clients.
- Safety is our top priority.
- We are passionate about our people and our service.
- We trust each other, because we do what we say we’re going to do.
- We respect our tried, tested, and true best practices.
- We communicate honestly and openly, especially when the conversation is difficult.
What You’ll Do:
As a member if the Admin Team, reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator provides financial and administrative services.
Payroll duties include: processing payroll accurately and on time, maintaining accurate payroll records, and ensuring compliance with all federal, provincial, and state tax or reporting requirements, and recording in accounting software.
Accounts payable duties include: ensuring accuracy and efficiency of payment operations, processing and monitoring incoming/outgoing payments, verifying and posting expenditures, and recording in accounting software.
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven working experience as accounts payable clerk, payroll administrator, accounts payable or accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Sage 50/300
- Proficiency in Expensify or a similar employee expense reporting system
- Proficiency in payroll software such as ADP, WagePoint or Deluxe
- Experience working with Salesforce or a similar CRM tool is an asset
- Proficiency with office machines (printer, fax, shredder)
- Personal values that align with our corporate values above
Does This Sound Like You?
- You have exceptional attention to detail and adherence to company best practices
- You’re versatile and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities. You believe your hands-on approach, analytical mind and problem-solving skills are your greatest assets.
- You’re independent, confident, and resourceful
- You can identify errors both in information that is visible and what might be missing
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re all about check lists, and enjoy the day-to-day routines of a high-performing accounting team
- You’re organized and professional with exceptional time management capabilities
- You have a willingness to learn about new processes and systems
- Team player with a positive attitude
What You’ll Love About OTE:
- Meaningful work—you’re helping to make an impact for non-profits all over the world!
- A team you can trust that cares about your success
- A Best in Class Variable Compensation Plan
- Personal & Professional Development
- Health benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Casual yet professional work environment
* Please note that occasional travel may be required. *
How To Apply: Applications may be submitted by e-mail no later than January 2, 2020. to: Jamie Haughn – firstname.lastname@example.org