We help execute urban rappelling fundraisers for non-profits large & small.
Take your fundraising to new heights.
We don’t have to tell you just how hard it is to achieve fundraising goals – that’s why we’ve come up with a powerful way to help you do just that.
Over The Edge recognizes that non-profits have many choices when considering special events, and we realize that some are looking to set themselves apart from the rest of the fundraising pack.
Over The Edge is the ONLY global industrial rappelling event company in the world. We aid non-profits and their affiliated corporations in hosting profitable, unique and safe charity rappelling events. Throughout our 10 years of operations in Canada and the United States we have staged over 900 events with over 64,000 participants.
Helping raise over $88 million dollars for our clients!
By the numbers
Over $100k avg. raised per event
FREE MEDIA COVERAGE
Our clients consistently find themselves as a top story on their news station and on the front page of their newspaper. On average, our events generate over $230,000 in FREE media coverage. Check out our YouTube page for a sample of what we’re talking about!
Our fundraising experience and history of running over 900 successful events will be put to work for you. We have a tested and proven step-by-step process that can guide your team—large or small—to a successful fundraising event.
FOCUS ON SAFETY
We are proud of our impeccable safety record! Our professional event staff are trained and experienced in providing a great experience for participants of all ages and abilities. Over The Edge carries a comprehensive insurance policy, so you don’t have to worry.
“Over The Edge offered our organization the opportunity to introduce an entirely new fundraiser to our area. We were able to use this unique platform to talk with new companies, raise awareness in our community and establish a new base from which to raise financial and volunteer support for our work.”
– Tom Lay, Executive Director, Boise Valley Habitat for Humanity
Want to hear more from our clients? Check out our Testimonials page.
Is an Over The Edge fundraiser right for you?
We’ve worked with teams as small as two volunteer staff, and national organizations with large groups. Our events can be successful whether your group is large or small!
Fundraising is a lot of work, and we understand that. Let our experience from hosting over 900 events help you out! We provide detailed guides to make your event a success.
The average number of participants for an Over The Edge event is just 65. You don’t need a huge crowd with hundreds of participants to make an impact in your community!
Inclusive and not just for thrill-seekers
- The majority of participants are first-time rappellers: they’re people young and old from all walks of life, who are pushing themselves out of their comfort zone for a cause they care deeply about.
- Participants with a wide variety of special needs are able to rappel, and we strive to be as inclusive as possible.
- When you ask someone “Would you rappel?” most say no; but ask someone, “Would you rappel to fight cancer / feed the homeless / protect at-risk youth (i.e. support our cause)”, the answer is usually “Yes!”
- Less-adventurous supporters also play a key role in sponsoring “Edgers,” driving recruitment, and raising awareness.
Unique events, maximum benefits.
We self-limit the number of events we run in each community, to make sure that each one is unique and draws maximum media and donor attention. When you host an Over The Edge event, you receive an exclusive license to do so in your community.
Over 75% of our remaining US licenses are already spoken for, and we’re looking for non-profit partners for those that remain.
We know that this event isn’t for everyone, but you might be surprised at the variety of missions and team structures that we work with (check out our list of upcoming events and testimonials to see for yourself). But we don’t partner with just anyone, and it’s important to make sure the event will be a fit both for you and for us. We like to start with a short 10-minute call to get to know each other before moving forward with anything.
PS. When we say 10-minutes, we mean it, and there’s no obligation to proceed if it isn’t right for you.
Our goal is to raise money for passionate NPOs, not push an event if it doesn’t work for us both.
Founders Club Members have raised $1,000,000 or more over the life of their single-city event!
Now is the time to start thinking about a 2020 event.
It’s summer, and we know you’re busy with the events you’re already working on. But a brief 10-minute conversation now could set you up for a hugely successful event in 2020 — one that guarantees it will be profitable, and introduces you to brand new donors and sponsors (not to mention the media attention!).
Put a 10-minute call in your calendar now, and we’ll have a no-obligation preliminary chat to see if this event could be a fit for your organization in 2020. Next year’s Board will thank you!
Here’s the agenda for our 10-minute-max call (we’re big on agendas):
- 1 minute: We’ll tell you what the weather’s currently like outside our office, and ask about yours. 😊
- 3 minutes: We’ll ask about your mission and current fundraising strategy.
- 2 minutes: We’ll give an overview of how the event works and why it’s so successful.
- 3 minutes: We’ll answer any top questions you have about our events.
- 1 minute: If (and only if) you think the event might be worth exploring in more detail, we’ll book a follow-up call for more information at a time that’s convenient for you.